It is better to consult a doctor for discussing about your birth control options rather than consulting him later for unwanted pregnancy. You are a grown-up and you should be mature enough to talk about your relationships and health. You can also call-up your hospital to ask if you could talk to any nurse regarding the pills. All the best.